Berkeley Haas MBA Class Profile and Essay Questions
The Hass School offers three different MBA programs: Full Time, Part Time and Executive. You can find an overview of the programs here: LINK.
Berkeley Haas Application Essays (2017 - 2018)
Tell us a six-word story that reflects a memorable experience in your life-to-date. Elaborate on why it is meaningful to you. (250 words maximum)
Tip: A successful six-word story will pique the reader’s interest in the forthcoming explanation. Together, the story and explanation will share a specific and personal experience that helps the reader get to know you better, giving insight into your character, values, or how you would uniquely contribute to the Berkeley-Haas community. View sample six-word stories and video tips from the admissions committee.
Respond to one of the following prompts: (250 words maximum)
- Describe a significant obstacle you have encountered and how it has impacted you.
- Describe how you have cultivated a diverse and inclusive culture.
- Describe a leadership experience and how you made a positive and lasting impact.
Tip: Responses can draw from professional or personal experiences. Through your response, the admissions committee hopes to gain insight into your achievements, involvement, and leadership footprint.
- Briefly describe your immediate post-MBA career goals. (50 words maximum)
- How have prior experiences motivated and prepared you to pursue these goals? (250 words maximum)
Tip: You are encouraged to reflect on both what you want to do professionally after business school and why this path interests you.
- If you have not provided a letter of recommendation from your current supervisor, please explain. If not applicable, enter N/A.
- List, in order of importance, significant community and professional organizations and extracurricular activities in which you have been involved during or after university studies. Include the following information for each using the format below:
- Name of organization or activity
- Nature of organization or activity
- Size of organization
- Dates of involvement
- Offices held
- Average number of hours spent per month
List full-time and part-time jobs held during undergraduate or graduate studies indicating the employer, job title, employment dates, location, and the number of hours worked per week for each position held prior to the completion of your degree.
If you have ever been subject to academic discipline, placed on probation, suspended, or required to withdraw from any college or university, please explain. If not, please enter N/A (An affirmative response to this question does not automatically disqualify you from admission).
Use this essay to share information that is not presented elsewhere in the application, for example:
- Explanation of employment gaps or academic aberrations
- Quantitative abilities
- For re-applicants, improvements to your candidacy
Be sure to read the application tips provided by the Haas School here: LINK
|1||Median GMAT Score||717|
|2||GMAT Range — (Middle 80%)||680 - 750|
|4||GPA Range — (Middle 80%)||3.34 - 3.89|
|8||Work Experience — (Years)||5|
|1||September 21, 2017||December 14, 2017|
|2||January 4, 2018||March 22, 2018|
|3||April 5, 2018||May 10, 2018|
|*Due at 11:59 PM PT|