UCLA Anderson MBA Class Profile and Essay Questions
"For the 2017 - 2018 application year (to start in 2018), new applicants must respond to one essay and one short answer question. Reapplicants are required to respond to the reapplicant essay. "
UCLA Anderson Essay (2020)
Describe your short-term and long-term career goals. How can the UCLA Anderson experience add value to your professional development? (500 words maximum)
Describe how you would contribute to the UCLA Anderson community. (250 words maximum)
Applicants who applied for the MBA program in the previous two years.
Please describe your career progress since you last applied and ways in which you have enhanced your candidacy. Include updates on short-term and long-term career goals, as well as your continued interest in UCLA Anderson. (750 words maximum)
The following question is optional and can be submitted by either first time applicants or reapplicants. No preference is given in the evaluation process to applicants who submit a response to the optional question.
Are there any extenuating circumstances in your profile about which the Admissions Committee should be aware? Please use your best judgment. (250 words maximum)
Your essays are the primary way for you to share your perspectives and plans with the admissions committee. The best essays are introspective, genuine and succinct in directly answering our questions and responding to our topics.
- You should try to distinguish yourself by showing what makes you different from others who share similar profiles.
- Personal expression is what we are looking for, not platitudes.
- Making a strong case for your future plans requires you to first do research on career paths and find one that resonates. Even if this target will change during business school, your application essays should lay out a clear trajectory for short-term and long-term goals. Do this by demonstrating how you expect to build on skills from your past, and those you expect to gain from the MBA.
- Essays are more compelling if they include specific courses, programs, groups, opportunities, activities, etc. from which you would benefit, if admitted to UCLA Anderson. These references are best found through website research, personal discussions and a campus visit (if possible).
- Content and clarity are key elements, as we seek superior communication skills.
- Style is a consideration, too, although we understand that those who speak other languages may have different manners of expression in English. We do check your essays for plagiarism, so make sure you always submit your own work.
- Length does not equal strength. A well-written short essay can have even more impact than a longer essay. Please try to respect the word limits indicated above.
- All essay and short answer responses are to be submitted in written form only.
- All essay and short answer responses are to be entered directly in the text box provided in your application.
|1||GMAT Score — Median||715|
|2||GMAT Range — Median 80%||680 - 750|
|3||GPA Range — Middle 80%||3.2 - 3.8|
|6||Work Experience (Years)||5|
|1||October 6, 2017||December 15, 2017|
|2||January 5, 2018||March 29, 2018|
|3||Apil 12, 2018||May 24, 2018|